[wp-forums] Advertising services

esmi at quirm dot net esmi at quirm.net
Thu Oct 1 09:24:14 UTC 2009

on 01/10/2009 02:58 t31os said the following:
> How about limiting post tagging to either the topic starter, a user with X
> amount of posts or X amount of registration time?

Here's a random thought... what about using a much more cryptic tag? I
came across a perfectly reasonable, single post, topic the other day
that had been tagged modlook with the usual "this is an emergency" tone
to it. It occurred to me that anyone who browses the forum may start to
notice the modlook tags and figure them out. They could then use it
under the mistaken apprehension that it gives them immediate access to
some form of second line support.

If it was changed to something like "xyz", the connection is less likely
to be made and the tag abused.

esmi