[wp-forums] the free thing again

Michael B miklb.online at gmail.com
Thu May 18 23:52:55 GMT 2006

On 5/18/06, Jesse S <jesse at resiny.org> wrote:

> Looks good. A couple of things:
>

>    - "We will install WordPress to your website into a directory called
>    'wordpress'"- does that mean we don't do root, or /blog, or anything? I
>    remember there being a discussion about this, but I seem to have missed
> the
>    resolution. I dunno...if we're only going to be doing it in one, it
> seems
>    doing it in the root directory would make the largest number of people
>    happy...if we do an install in /wordpress for them, but they have to
> spend
>    three hours figuring out how to transfer to root, then we haven't
> helped
>    them.
>    - Also, as far as the package- what would you guys think of doing a
>    minorly modified version of wordpress (sorta like, *gasp*, yahoo) that
>    includes some of the more popular plugins and themes? It would hardly
> take
>    any extra effort, and for a true n00b would be helpful.

I would suggest rather than installing the themes and plugins, we add a page
of popular add-ons with links to the original sites and stone simple
instructions on adding them.

I wouldn't suggest any plugins or themes that require a ton of work to use.

I'm also missed the decision process at not installing at root.

~miklb