[wp-forums] a point....

Michael B miklb.online at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 21:04:39 GMT 2006

While not completely the same subject, I've been seeing more and more snippy
comments, and in the case of spencerp, poor language, to say the least.  As
a professor of mine once said, "when amongst your tribe, speak like the
tribe, when speaking for food, clothing, or shelter, speak the language the
school teaches".  When amongst my tribe, I can curse like the proverbial
sailor also, however..
  Granted, these blogs tend not to provide neither food, clothing or
shelter, it's my opinion the language is inappropriate for the  forums, and
reflects poorly on the WP community.  I've made a gentle suggestion to
spencerp to curb his verbiage, and was quickly disregarded.  But I'm not
singling him out, I've seen several other uses of language that in the US is
considered vulgar.
Anything we should/could do?