[wp-forums] a point....

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Tue Feb 14 21:01:38 GMT 2006

Vicki Frei wrote:
 > I would like very much if something could be said or done to mitigate
> the REAL unkindness exhibited by the above two mentioned people to those
> who are neither accomplished web designers nor accomplished wp users.
> There is no reason for allowing their sort of vitriol in general on the
> forum, especially when it's directed at those (like andreavascellari
> yesterday) who are possibly not native English speakers.
>
> And everyone's idea of "nice design" is different.  There is NO need to
> flame people for choosing to use tables etc.
>
> Just my opinions of course....

We do have a couple of err... sharp-tongued forum users right now don't we ?
Part of me dislikes it.
Part of me says that no matter what we do it will happen (it has in the
past but they move on)
But I have little idea how to tackle it apart from leaving well alone.
To tackle it - be it by moderating posts or private email - just
escalates the problem. And you only tackle problems you know you can
control. Right now we see it because we read lots and lots of threads.
The overall tone of the forums remains positive and helpful. As much as
I would indeed like to tackle these two, I think right now the best
thing we can do is mitigate their approach by ignoring what they say and
dealing with the poster's issues. If a poster sees more positive than
negative then they'll be happy.
They will go away - the noisy destructive ones always do. Honest :)

P.