[wp-forums] Suggestion for wp.com questions, and one other thing

TechGnome tg at tannagh.com
Thu Feb 2 21:56:30 GMT 2006

I was just thinking about this part right here....
And this is going to be more crazy talk... but with tags, is the forum
areas really necessary?
Now hear me out... again, more crazy talk... but what if when the user
makes a post, they select a "category" from a dropdown or something.
When the post is made, based on the cat selected, certain pre-assigned
tags are added to the post. Naturaly additional tags can be added, but
there would be at least the pre-defined ones on the post.
Again, this is probably just crazy talk and maybe the lack of sleep
talking... but for some reason it seems to make sense to me.

-tg