[wp-forums] Doing it for free. - the people

TechGnome tg at tannagh.com
Wed Apr 26 19:44:40 GMT 2006

Great, now none of us will make the cut. None of us have any wits about us.

Aaaanyways.... It can and probably should be subjective. Having people
apply? Eh, I'm not too keen on that.... you'll get all kinds of people
applying.  The bottom line should be, would YOU trust this person with
the keys of your kingdom? There are a few people I would trust with this
info (nearly all of whom are on this list), and mostly it's because I've
dealt with them before, they have a long standing in the community, and
their help has been top notch.

It should be the other way around... by invite. The process would work
like this:
1) Person is nominated to be an installer
1a) Person is asked if they want to be one
2) Committee reviews the nomination (should be a black box process)
3) Committee approves or disapproves the nomination
4) Person is notified of outcome

I've seen this process work successfully before. Steps 1 & 4 would/could
be made public, 1a is done as a private email to the nominee, but steps
2 & 3 is done out of the public. I know this kinda goes against Podz's
concept of being transparent, but we are talking about the integrity and
security of other people's blogs, they deserve the right to know that
the installers have been fully vetted and can be trusted.

-tg