[wp-forums] How to correct wrong answers

Michael E. Hancock mhancock at us.net
Fri Apr 21 13:12:10 GMT 2006

On more than one occassion Podz has mentioned that there are people who
"consistently give poor advice" in the Forums.

In general, I believe people try to give the best answer, even if it is just
a link to Codex or a link Podz's site.  But when it happens, is there a
diplomatic way to inform people they've provided the incorrect answer to a
question?

You'd like to think that anyone giving incorrect answers, would appreciate
knowing the CORRECT answer, so that next time they can do a better job of
answering the question.  If we know people are providing incorrect
information, isn't it our job to point that out and educate the forum
volunteer?

Thanks for any thoughts on this matter.

Michael E. Hancock