[wp-forums] Doing it for free.

TechGnome tg at tannagh.com
Thu Apr 20 13:36:54 GMT 2006

Because not everyone has control over database creation. I know that
with my host, the db servers are behind a firewall and can only be
accessed from within my domain. Secondly, because they have a DB server
farm, I have no idea what server it will end up on - I currently have 2
databases with them and both are on two different servers. Not to
mention the database names are automatically assigned. There's no way
for WP to be able to any of the DB creation automatically in cases like
this. Granted, my situation maybe a one-off case, but it still requires
knowledge that the user may or may not be able to control.

-tg