[wp-forums] Doing it for free.

petit at petitpub.com petit at petitpub.com
Wed Apr 19 22:22:34 GMT 2006

Podz <podz at tamba2.org.uk>: says:

> Podz wrote:
>>
>> This issue was raised at #meetup.
>> I do not think we should support upgrades.
>>

> I should have been clearer - it was raised but no discussions or
> decisions were had. The 'I' above just means me, it's not a
> collective term :)
>
> P.
I think this kind of service would be great for the proliferation of
WordPress.

One more thought ( maybe less silly ;) crossed my mind.

To simplify installation and install help, the wp-install.php could be
changed,
to not only create the database tables, but the database itself. Why would we
need phpMyAdmin or other applications for that?
That way the install script would also write neccessary data to wp-config.

Did I miss something?

/Petit