[wp-forums] topic resolved/unresolved: failed concept?

Michael B miklb.online at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 07:14:10 GMT 2005

Recently I've really only been browsing the forums, but found myself with a
little time and thought it would be nice to pop into the forums and see if
there were any Q's I could handle. I used the no reply and grabbed half a
dozen. I started to look at the not-resolved, which seemed a little
fruitless.
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/26543
Is a perfect example. And I've noticed this for some time. Perhaps similarly
how the codex had a "clean-up", the forums can have organize a "clean-up" of
their own. It would require coordinating with mavens who can make
alterations, but perhaps a few volunteers matched with a maven, and scouring
the un-resolved to clean them up.
Or, just call it a failed experiment and remove it.
If the forum cleanup were to transpire, it might be a way of finding common
questions, or commonly unanswered questions, that could lead to the new
stickies I recently saw solicited.

Just throwing out ideas.