[wp-forums] Titles/Promotions/Labels

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Tue Jul 12 07:02:36 GMT 2005

Kaf Oseo wrote:
> I understand the impulse behind this effort and applaud it, but I needed
> to warn you all that you may not like what it leads to.

I was thinking about this last night.
I made a list of those people that may come up, and what my response
would be if asked. There were several people who I would say yes to
without a second thought. However there were some that I would say No to
and actively resist - yet on the surface they would fulfil any sort of
criteria that others would. I was aware too that in any such system of
nominations there would be the clamour from those (and their fans, and
the troublemakers) not given a title.
So yes, it /does/ become more difficult when looked at more practically.

The very last thing I want to do is introduce a change that will take
the focus of the forums away from it's main purpose, and I can do
without it turning into a political arena too.

Anyone ?

P.