Re: Re: Re: [wp-forums] Search - nicely hidden...

tg at tannagh.com tg at tannagh.com
Tue Aug 23 16:32:02 GMT 2005

ifelse <wordswithstyle at gmail.com> wrote on 08/23/2005, 03:23:37 PM:
> > "Maybe put the search back at the top along with a little blurb about searching before posting"
> That's not going to make much difference as
> a) People don't read.
> b) people that aren't going to search before posting aren't going to
> notice/take attention of instructions next to the search bar.

<toungue loc='in cheek' style='planted:firmly'>Well, since that's the
case, why bother having the search in the first place?</tounge>

As a side note, would it be so bad to have the search both at the top
and bottom of the forum pages then? I find it a little (just a little
mind you) disconcerting that it's in the upper right through out the
rest of the site, then suddenly "disappears" when I go into the forums.

I do see the ben for having it at the bottom next to the New Topic
section.... but for those comming to search immediately, that's a ways
to go to get to it.

Tg