[wp-edu] Plugins to create an "Intranet"

Mike Kirby mike.kirby at maine.edu
Fri Dec 29 17:47:28 UTC 2017

This is the plugin we use when we need to restrict access to a site on our
multisite network:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/restricted-site-access/

This allows for a variety of options for restricting access.

Hope this helps,

Mike

On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 12:22 PM, DIXIE LANG <ddlang at wisc.edu> wrote:

> Greetings,
>

> We have a website where we want to restrict access to on- and off-campus
> users (board of visitors members).
>

> Normally we use Shibboleth for authenticating on-campus users.  However in
> this case we wanted something more simple to restrict access to pages,
> posts, and Media Library items.
>

> Anyone have a favorite plugin they use for this purpose, and why did you
> choose this particular plugin?
>

> Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide.
>

> - Dixie

Mike Kirby
Manager of Digital Communications
Division of Marketing and Communications
University of Maine
207-581-3744
Mike.Kirby at maine.edu