[wp-edu] WP plugin for membership

Jim Vogel james.vogel at em.wisc.edu
Thu Dec 5 17:44:09 UTC 2013

I'm working with the WACRAO orgainzation (Registrars and Admissions Officers) on a new website,

We are looking for a membership plugin that does the following:
- input institutions (universities and colleges in the Wisconsin/midwest area)
- add contact details for that institution, especially email address, but also name/address/phone/etc
- have a signup form where a person
- - can enter their logon details, and then select one of the institutions from the list above
- - allow the login details to be entered manually, and let the user select a username and password
- - allow the user to log in via social media (FB/Twitter/Linkin/etc)
- - not allow the person to log in till their application has been approved by the contact at the institution
- - automatically generate an email to the institution contact that someone had requested an account on WACRAO for their institution
- - allow the institution contact to approve/dis-approve the persons application. Ideally, this would be by replying to the email, but logging into the site and approving there would also be ok. As long as the workflow was simple and easy to understand.
- - have a limit on the number of people an institution can accept.

I'm having problems finding a plugin that does most of that.
Most membership plugins seem to be for generating income for the website, which is not what we are interested in.

Any suggestions on a plug-in that might provide that functionality?
Thanks
Jim

James E. Vogel
Internet Program Manager