[wp-edu] WordPress standalone html websites

Parker, Joshua parkerj at 7mediaws.org
Wed Aug 28 16:07:04 UTC 2013

I have not, but I have used the really static plugin, and I think it can
help in this instance: http://wordpress.org/plugins/really-static/

Just use it to create static html of the website while still keeping the
structure, and then move the static files to the root of the domain.

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 12:03 PM, Benjamin Harwood <bharwood at skidmore.edu>wrote:

>  Has anyone ever created an offline copy of a WordPress site that can be
> viewed as a standalone html website? A colleague has some beautiful sites
> that she'd like to take down yet preserve for offline viewing independent
> of WordPress. Short of printing all the materials out, it doesn't seem
> possible. Years ago, I used the free version of WinHTTrack website copier
> to create static copies of MovableType blogs. That solution worked great
> then but not so on WordPress multisite. Even when the sites are made
> public. Couldn't find any plugins that do this successfully either.  Thanks
> for any suggestions.
>
>  Best,
> Ben
>
>  Ben Harwood
> Academic Technologies
> Skidmore College

Press Release: 7 Media Web Solutions Launches Crowdfund Campaign to Fund
New Open Source Student Information
System<http://www.7mediaws.org/company/news/press/7_media_web_solutions_launches_crowdfund_campaign_to_fund_new_open_source_student_information_system/>

[image: Josh Parker WordPress Consultant] <http://www.7mediaws.org>
Joshua Parker
PHP Developer & Consultant for Education
(857) 600-0579

7 Media Web Solutions, LLC
www.7mediaws.org
[image: Twitter] <http://twitter.com/#!/7mediaws>[image: