[wp-edu] Blueprint for using WP as LMS?

Joseph Ugoretz joseph.ugoretz at mhc.cuny.edu
Tue Sep 27 15:59:26 UTC 2011

Hi Kathy,

I have some blog posts that might be helpful--although I don't have answers to all your needs since my class runs a little differently than what it sounds like you're looking for.

But I have used WordPress as the LMS for a fully online honors seminar for college students several times now.

I've got a couple of posts about useful plugins here
http://prestidigitation.commons.gc.cuny.edu/2010/07/23/three-new-plugins/
and here
http://prestidigitation.commons.gc.cuny.edu/2010/03/15/kb-gradebook/

and a more thorough tech overview here
http://prestidigitation.commons.gc.cuny.edu/2010/01/31/alternate-worlds-part-2-the-class-begins/

Happy to discuss offlist if you want help or information.

Joe

--
Joseph Ugoretz, PhD
Associate Dean of Teaching, Learning and Technology