[wp-edu] Latex support in WordPress?

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Mon Nov 28 17:17:47 UTC 2011

On 11/28/11 7:48 AM, Jim Groom wrote:
> it's not that we have a problem with paying for Akismet, quite the
> opposite. We just think the $900 price point is insane.  I can imagine
> small businesses feel the same way.  it is more than our monthly
> external hosting fees.

It probably costs more to run a university than the rent on the
buildings, too. :)

I realize budgeting at many institutions is screwed up, and I think it's
sad that folks running WP someplace with a 95M yearly budget (10x what
it costs to host all of WP.com) that's probably saving hundreds of
thousands in software and maintenance costs can't get approval for
10-20k/yr for things like Akismet and VaultPress.

At the same time we have small businesses making a few 100k a year
signing up for both, the main difference seems to be less distance
between the person holding the pursestrings and doing the work.

</rant> I know I'm in the wrong place to talk about this. :)

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://ma.tt | http://wordpress.org | http://automattic.com