[wp-edu] Taxonomy Cleanup and Related Posts

Ken Newquist newquisk at lafayette.edu
Wed Nov 2 16:27:08 UTC 2011

Speaking of taxonomy cleanup, one of the frequent requests I've received from our Communications Division is for a tag to category convertor (and visa versa). There is a plugin available for this (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wpcat2tag-importer/) and it's promoted on the tags and category pages within WordPress.

Unfortunately, community feedback suggests its not working correctly with 3.2 (and the plugin itself states its compatible up to 3.0.5; it hasn't been updated since June 2010). I haven't tried it myself yet, though it's on my to-do list.

Does anyone know the status of this plugin? I posted a question about this to the WordPress support forums about two months ago, but alas have not heard back.

Ken Newquist
Director, Web Applications Development
Lafayette College
p: 610.330.5759