[wp-edu] CommentPress

Joss Winn jwinn at lincoln.ac.uk
Thu Nov 20 09:14:32 GMT 2008

I just edited out the section in /themes/commentpress/functions.php that
looks for theme updates. This gets rid of the dashboard error.

Everything between

// MJE: The code below was changed because ...

and

//* utility functions */

Can be commented out with // at the beginning of the line.

Joss

On 20/11/2008 01:43, "Robert Gray" <RMGray at usouthal.edu> wrote:

> Hello all--
> I was wondering if anyone on the list is using CommentPress.  It is a
> wonderful theme for WordPress that lets you put comments "in the margin" at
> the paragraph level.  However, about a week ago, their site went down and it's
> broken the blog because an error message covers the entire wp-admin page
> saying it can't find the CommentPress version update site.  I was able to
> change the theme on all of my CommentPress sites to something that would work,
> but I'd really like to figure out how to fix it.
>
> Has anyone had that experience?  And if so, do you have any ideas/suggestions
> on how to make it work again?
>
> Thanks,
> Rob Gray
>

> Robert Gray, PhD
> Director of PETAL
> Program for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning
> University of South Alabama
> University Library, Room 312
> Mobile, AL 36688-0002
> Phone: 251.461.1563
> Fax: 251.460.7189
> rmgray at usouthal.edu

Technology Officer
Centre for Educational Research and Development
University of Lincoln
Brayford Pool
Lincoln
LN67TS