[wp-edu] WordPress for Education Implementation Guide

Douglas Hanna doug at automattic.com
Wed Nov 19 03:15:44 GMT 2008

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming up with such great discussions and contributing so
much to this list. As part of my role helping with WordPress for
Education, I'm creating an "Implementation Guide" that we will make
available to educators and administrators. The idea is to have a nice
downloadable/printable PDF that will explain WordPress, why it's good
for education, and how to make it happen.

Here is the tentative (and still incomplete outline) for what we're
going to include:

Welcome to WordPress for Education
Table of Contents
What is WordPress?
Who uses WordPress?
Cost
WordPress for Education Overview
How WordPress Can Be Used at Your School
WordPress on the Campus
WordPress in the Classroom
Getting Stated With WordPress
Where to Get Additional Information

I'd really love to hear your ideas and suggestions. You are the people
who have tried to convince administrators (hopefully successfully!)
that WordPress is the way to go and is a great option and then tried
to make it all happen. What would have been helpful to you initially?

(Keep in mind your suggestions don't have to fit within the confines
on this document. We're also going to have a web site at
edu.wordpress.com (under construction) that will have additional
information.)

Thanks so much.

--
Douglas Hanna