[wp-docs] Simple How To for Functions.php

Lorelle on WordPress lorelleonwordpress at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 19:01:28 UTC 2011

The P in Plugin and usually the T in Theme are capitalized as a standard as
they are considered proper names. The decision was made in 2004 and it's
stayed there. We let it slip once in a while, but it is part of our naming
conventions such as P in Pages must be capitalized when talking about
WordPress Pages but lower case when talking about web pages and post is
never capitalized unless it is the first word in a sentence. I fought
those, but here we are today with those conventions. It also helps to
distinguish our Plugins from their plugins or plug-ins.