[wp-docs] Privacy versus Password Protection

Lorelle on WordPress lorelleonwordpress at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 16:33:31 UTC 2009

Just heard from a WordPress user who is totally frustrated that a post
she thought was protected from public eye wasn't. She is totally
confused about the issues of "private" and "password protected" and
how they work. I realized that we don't have a Codex article on this
that addresses how these things work clearly.

Here are the questions most people probably want to know:

How to protect a single post from public eyes.
What does "password protected" really mean?
How to protect and make private an entire WordPress blog?

Am I missing another key issue?

And who would like to take this on? :D

Thanks,