[wp-docs] More about a book

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 14:13:21 GMT 2005

Hi All,

I came across this email in the countless emails I am trying to catch up with.

Podz - You are right about the need for us to take the initiative with
respect to getting the book out the door.

Lorelle, and others - I have no qualms about my work being used by
others. It is out there specifically for that purpose - to be used. I
am not protective about any of it either. If it needs to be chopped
up, well so be it, I say. If someone makes a profit out of my work, so
be it. If the person were a "good man", he/she'd ask me before doing
it, and definitely credit me ;)

I am sorry if my not reading and responding to this email earlier
caused any ulcers ;)

Carthik.

On 7/13/05, Lorelle VanFossen <lorelle at cameraontheroad.com> wrote:
> As Carthik has been working on this since before day one, can we PLEASE
> not jump or make any decisions about this until he returns from his trip
> in a couple of weeks.  The Codex, FAQ site, and much of the core
> documentation for WordPress has been his baby for a very long time and
> it is critical that he is involved with any decision-making process with
> this, especially since he has been working on such a "book" concept for
> quite a while.
>
> The ideas, offers of help, suggestions, and discussion are good, just
> avoid decisions until he returns.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lorelle

When nothing is done, nothing is left undone -- 老子 Lǎozi

University of Central Florida
Homepage: http://carthik.net