[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #9164: When someone uses only special characters for their username, it messes up their profile links.

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue May 28 13:06:44 UTC 2024

#9164: When someone uses only special characters for their username, it messes up
their profile links.
 Reporter:  thenwwan      |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by istanbulvita):

 Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We understand that
 usernames consisting solely of special characters are causing problems
 with profile links, making them non-functional for both the user and
 admins. This issue extends to the REST API, potentially disrupting various
 features.

 To address this, we are considering implementing a requirement for
 usernames to contain at least one letter or number, or possibly
 disallowing special characters entirely. We appreciate your suggestion and
 will investigate how the interaction between BuddyPress and WordPress
 affects username handling.
 {{{
 #!html

--