[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #8824: Remove current password validation and the field from the member profile page

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Feb 12 16:46:30 UTC 2023

#8824: Remove current password validation and the field from the member profile
page
-------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  ilianskia    |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by shawfactor):

 The current way buddypress does this is terrible. Note I’m going from
 memory here as I’ve not tested it lately

 There are several problems

 1. The password change and email change should be separate pages as they
 are different functionality

 2. Email changes shpuld require a confirmation email to the new assess and
 a warning email to the old (can’t remember if buddypress does this)

 3, As far as I am see removing the current screens is impossible .

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8824#comment:2>