[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #8824: Remove current password validation and the field from the member profile page

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Feb 5 18:51:32 UTC 2023

#8824: Remove current password validation and the field from the member profile
page
-------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  ilianskia    |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
Changes (by imath):

 * keywords:   => 2nd-opinion
 * priority:  highest => normal
 * version:   => 1.6
 * severity:  critical => normal
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => 12.0.0

Comment:

 Hi,

 Thanks for your question. It's not possible. I've just checked how
 WordPress handles password changes and noticed it wasn't asking for the
 previous one. I agree we should at least consider stop doing this check or
 making it possible to bypass this check using a filter.

 I'd like to have another opinion from another member of the team about it.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8824#comment:1>