[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #8144: Use of bp_core_signup_send_activation_key not checked while querying for signups

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 16 04:55:09 UTC 2019

#8144: Use of bp_core_signup_send_activation_key not checked while querying for
signups
-----------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  zishanj                      |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                 |      Status:  new
Changes (by imath):

 * keywords:  has-patch needs-refresh => has-patch reporter-feedback

Comment:

 Thanks a lot for adding spaces and braces to your patch @zishanj. I can
 see a situation where using the filter to get the sent date of the
 activation email can be wrong. If signups were made before or after the
 filter was added by the site owner.

 That's why I think it's safest to trace the "Unsent" activation email
 information into the Signups meta like I did in
 [https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/8144/8144.patch
 8144.patch]

 What do you think ?

 (btw @espellcaste thanks for your feedback)