[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7218: Only load component action and screen code when we're on the component's page

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Aug 10 13:08:53 UTC 2016

#7218: Only load component action and screen code when we're on the component's
page
-------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  r-a-y        |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by DJPaul):

 Interesting idea. Might break code that does a function_exist for
 something in the affected files, but might not. I don't think this'd
 affect a huge number of sites.

 There's also AJAX handlers or form submission handlers that may be in
 these locations. For example, `bp_ajax_get_suggestions` needs to work from
 anywhere.

 If the idea is to be a memory optimisation, we should benchmark this a bit
 with the current patch to see what impact it has (or doesn't). But I don't
 know how to reliably measure memory usage for PHP.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7218#comment:1>