[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7218: Only load component action and screen code when we're on the component's page

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Aug 8 23:17:08 UTC 2016

#7218: Only load component action and screen code when we're on the component's
page
 Reporter:  r-a-y        |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  Core         |    Version:
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:  has-patch
 We should only load a component's action and screen code when we're on the
 component's page.

 This can save us some memory.

 Attached patch does this for the activity component.  I've introduced a
 new method called `late_includes()` that runs on the
 `'bp_setup_canonical_stack'` hook because that is the place where we've
 ensured that `$bp->current_component` and `$bp->current_action` is fully
 set up.

 In the patch, I've moved some code that is not specific to the activity
 component's action or screen code to `bp-activity-functions.php`
 temporarily until I can figure out a better place to put them.  Perhaps,
 create a new file called `bp-activity-hooks.php`?

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7218>