[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6107: Missing site titles for BP pages in Twenty Fifteen and new themes which add support to the new title-tag feature

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Mar 5 12:19:06 UTC 2015

#6107: Missing site titles for BP pages in Twenty Fifteen and new themes which add
support to the new title-tag feature
------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  mercime           |       Owner:  hnla
     Type:  defect (bug)      |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by hnla):

 Re-testing on a separate install - WP 4.1.1 / BP bleeding - twentyfifteen
 with Yoast installed:

 Main issue we have is the lack of titles on the member user account
 screens with Yoast activated.

 Yoast appears to hook at a late priority which upsets our filters.

 {{{add_filter( 'wp_title',       'bp_modify_page_title', 10, 3 );}}}

 The 'wp_title' filter needs to have a priority of **'20'** then the BP
 strings kick into life.

 Sadly we can't simply leave it at this late priority it seems as when
 Yoast not activated that is too late a priority, WP has already run the
 output.

 Obvious answer I guess is test for Yoast and change the filter priority
 but  adjusting core for specific third party plugins can't be a good idea.

 @boonebgorges Agree, clear tests are needed, this is one of those somewhat
 confusing ones to test and I've been going back and fourth trying to
 establish what we, WP, and Yoast are all doing in this game of title tag
 output and it does get confusing.

 I'm fairly happy though that taking Yoast out of the picture and just
 running the updated function for title-tags appears to be working
 perfectly.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6107#comment:13>