[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5977: Cannot see/activate/delete pending accounts when BuddyPress is activated on a subsite of a multisite installation

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Nov 2 18:22:10 UTC 2014

#5977: Cannot see/activate/delete pending accounts when BuddyPress is activated on
a subsite of a multisite installation
-----------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  tomdxw                 |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)           |      Status:  new

Comment (by boonebgorges):

 > 5977.patch seems right, though I wish this was all a bit more sane to
 manage

 This pretty much sums up my thoughts :) I'd only add the following general
 thought, following up on johnjamesjacoby's comment here
 https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5367#comment:21: It would be
 a good idea for us to think about the different kinds of events that can
 differ between installation types (where user registration takes place;
 whether blog registration is available; where user management happens; etc
 etc etc), and try to allow these different types of settings to be toggled
 independently of one another. That way, as jjj suggests, we can draw up a
 list of different setup types, and perhaps do an explicit mapping of
 default behavior, something like:

 {{{
 array(
     'single_site' => array(
         'registration_location' => 'root_blog',
         'role_on_root_blog' => 'subscriber',
         // ...
     ),
     'multisite_activated_on_single_site' => array(
         'registration_location' => 'root_blog',
         'role_on_root_blog' => false,
     ),
 ),
 }}}

 or whatever. Then, we make these defaults filterable for complex networks
 (or meta-networks) that need to customize how this stuff works. (I'm not
 saying we should do all of this *right now*, but I think it's something to
 shoot for, because it'll make it so much easier for us to maintain the
 current systems, and for site owners to customize the experience.)

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5977#comment:7>