[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5977: Cannot see/activate/delete pending accounts when BuddyPress is activated on a subsite of a multisite installation

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Nov 2 17:18:19 UTC 2014

#5977: Cannot see/activate/delete pending accounts when BuddyPress is activated on
a subsite of a multisite installation
-----------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  tomdxw                 |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)           |      Status:  new

Comment (by johnjamesjacoby):

 [https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/5977/5977.patch
 5977.patch] seems right, though I wish this was all a bit more sane to
 manage. The patch does a good job encapsulating the experience and
 funneling it down into a few convenient helper functions to handle the
 somewhat edge-case installation type.

 Some thoughts on the patch:

 * Can your new `bp_is_network_main_site` function just use
 `bp_is_root_blog()` instead?
 * If not, maybe rename `bp_is_network_main_site` to
 `bp_is_main_site_for_network` or something similar?
 * I confirmed that our `BP_ROOT_BLOG` logic is still sound, and covers
 most use-cases (including this one.)
 * Maybe rename `bp_core_get_specific_signup_meta` to
 `bp_core_get_site_signup_meta` or `bp_core_get_blog_signup_meta` to keep
 the naming consistent? The `specific` verbiage isn't wrong, but it's new,
 and isn't likely an approach we'll take in very many other places.

 Nice work, Imath.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5977#comment:4>