[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #5113: Non multisite blogs need Account settings component to be active to mark a user as spammer

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Nov 16 15:50:55 UTC 2013

#5113: Non multisite blogs need Account settings component to be active to mark a
user as spammer
-------------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  imath                    |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  new
Changes (by boonebgorges):

 * keywords:  has-patch needs-testing => has-patch needs-refresh
 * milestone:  1.9 => 2.0

Comment:

 I spent a bit of time working with this patch, and while I think it's
 good, I am a bit uneasy about it. I don't want to create a disparity
 between the interface in MS and non-MS. I should say, there is of course
 *already* a disparity that this ticket is trying to resolve, and I don't
 want to create another one.

 Since the root issue here is that WordPress Multisite has a native
 interface for spamming users, and BuddyPress introduces the concept of
 spam users into non-Multisite, I think BP's goal should be to provide the
 same user experience in non-Multisite as what's available in MS. At a
 minimum, I think this means that we should be adding bulk actions "Mark as
 Spam" and "Not Spam" on wp-admin/users.php. And if we're going to add the
 row-actions links (which I really, really like), we should do it in MS
 too.

 5113.02.diff does some of this work. It cleans up the patch a little, and
 adds the row-actions in MS. However, it looks like some of the new
 functionality has the effect of breaking nonce checks when performing the
 native bulk actions in MS, so more work is needed to figure this out. And
 I haven't looked at adding bulk actions to non-MS, though this shouldn't
 be too hard.

 Moving to 2.0.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5113#comment:3>