[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #5300: Notifications from inactive components are rendered on the Notifications panel

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Dec 17 15:16:48 UTC 2013

#5300: Notifications from inactive components are rendered on the Notifications
panel
-----------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  boonebgorges           |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)           |      Status:  new

Comment (by johnjamesjacoby):

 It seems confusing to have two arguments that can perform similar
 functions. I think passing null and returning no results is semantically
 correct, but obviously silly. We can safely assume no one wants to
 purposely query for no components, and we have a responsibility to provide
 an error free and intuitive interface for users and developers, so let's
 not enable what we know to be confusing results.

 It makes me wonder what happens if you query for `post_type` null.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5300#comment:8>