[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #4086: Friends, Groups & Co are handled as 404 & nothing gets indexed by search engines

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Mar 17 21:35:24 UTC 2012

#4086: Friends, Groups & Co are handled as 404 & nothing gets indexed by search
engines
--------------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  wpdennis                        |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                    |      Status:  new
Changes (by boonebgorges):

 * keywords:  dev-feedback => dev-feedback reporter-feedback
 * severity:  blocker => major

Comment:

 I've moved the rel="canonical" issue into a separate ticket. See #4087.

 I can't reproduce the 404 issue. BP content, such as members and groups,
 is displayed using WP pages. On all of my installations, this is working
 correctly - dumping `$wp_query->query_vars` shows no error, and correctly
 queries `pagename` for the current component. It's possible that you have
 a strange configuration that is causing the problem, something that may be
 caused by another plugin or by an issue with BP itself. I'm going to do
 some more investigation, but wpdennis, any additional information you can
 provide about your setup (other plugins installed, pretty permalink
 settings, WP/BP versions) would be quite helpful.

 I'm marking down the priority as this is clearly not an issue that is
 affecting all installations, or it would be impossible to use any
 BuddyPress site.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4086#comment:1>