[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress] #2293: Hidden groups activity shows in friends > activity screen of non group members

buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com buddypress-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Apr 26 20:40:12 UTC 2010

#2293: Hidden groups activity shows in friends > activity screen of non group
members
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  hnla      |       Owner:
     Type:  defect    |      Status:  new
Component:  Core      |    Keywords:  has-patch, needs-testing
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
Changes (by 3sixty):

  * milestone:  1.3 => 1.2.4

Comment:

 Hi folks - I respectfully suggest this be a 1.2.4 fix, and changed the
 milestone accordingly, as the core functionality of hidden and private
 groups is inherently broken, and in my opinion (and hnla's opinion) should
 not be used until fixed. Discussion here:
 http://buddypress.org/community/groups/how-to-and-
 troubleshooting/forum/topic/security-risk-forum-posts-are-promiscuous-
 even-private-posts-are-not-private/

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.buddypress.org/ticket/2293#comment:12>