[buddypress-dev] Re-activation

Chris Taylor - stillbreathing.co.uk mrwiblog at gmail.com
Thu May 7 12:10:34 GMT 2009

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 9:13 AM, Buzz Lightyear
<buzz_lightyear at buzzdev.net> wrote:
> So one would say in theme:
>   bp_latest_activity('timeframe=-24 Hours');
>
> instead of:
>
> <?php if ( bp_has_activities() ) ) : ?> ...

Yep, that would be cool. The bp_latest_activity could accept the same
parameters as bp_has_activities(), plus a few others to help style the
output - for example return a <ul> or <ol> list.

Personally I'd find it much easier to add some BP-specific classes to
my CSS stylesheet and one line of PHP where I want certain things to
go in my template, than do quite a lot more code for what is
essentially not going to change very often.

The custom template tags are fantastic if you want to go to the next
level. My guess is a lot of people won't want to, they'll just want to
drop stuff in their templates - like you can do with widgets.

Chris