[buddypress-dev] Some more translation questions

Florin - SegwayInfo segwayinfo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 13:04:11 GMT 2008

Hi Everyone,

In September I have asked a few questions on how I could localize
BuddyPress, I figured out how things are working and it looks like I got the
hang of it.
However I do have a few small questions:

   - Is it possible to easily reuse the WP language file in WPMU? When I
   tried to use the WP file as a starting point and updated it with the php
   code I'm loosing a lot of the translations :-(
   - Is it possible to use multiple Language files? At the moment I got the
   impression that I need to have 1 file, containing all the translations. I
   think it would be more convenient to have seperate language files, each part
   (like WPMU, buddypress, bbpress, etc) having it's own language file.

I have asked these questions to the people involved in the dutch translation
of WP, but they aren't responding at all, so that's why I'm bothering you
with these questions.

Happy Holidays,

Kind regards,

Florin