[buddypress-dev] Re: Re: test drive buddy press

Cass Edwards cass at wildilocks.com
Wed Apr 9 23:21:34 GMT 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 7:15 AM, Chris Taylor - stillbreathing.co.uk <
chris at stillbreathing.co.uk> wrote:

> we want BuddyPress to be insanely easy to use

Could anyone tell me why the focus on dumbing down? I'm concerned, now that
I've been testing Andrea's install, that it's going to change WPMU and the
general WP interface so much it will alienate existing WP users. I was kinda
hoping BuddyPress was going to be a SN add-on to the functionality of WP,
not changing it completely and making for a generic product that will
require a huge amount of backend work to re-enable many of the WP features,
which kinda defeats the point for my purposes, and from the sounds of it,
the purposes of many.

Cass