[buddypress-dev] Persisting Picture Profile Problems

Dr. Mike Wendell theapparatus at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 14:40:05 GMT 2008

On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 11:05 PM, David J. Bisset
<dbisset at dimensionmedia.com> wrote:
>  "Unable to create directory
> /var/www/vhosts/dimensionsites.com/httpdocs/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/.
> Is its parent directory writable by the server?"

We see the issue with a number of plugins that don't check to see if
the files directory has been created yet.  Arne Brachhold's sitemap
generator plugin is one that comes to mind with mu.

Work around is to upload an image first via the Write Posts page to
get the '1' subdirectory created first.

Please see if that helps,
-drmike