[buddypress-dev] Portable friends -> activity feed?

Wessel van Rensburg wildebees at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 19:48:04 GMT 2008

Chris said:

>So my thoughts are that a users friends list *shouldn't* go to their
>friends to see if data has changed. Instead when someone, for example,
>updates their status that new text should be sent to anyone in their
>friends list. Here's an example.

Chris

Is what your talking about not the personalized activity feed we referred to
earlier? Personalized in that its based on what your friends are doing on
BuddyPress?

Your list I would see as follows, a feed that

- Includes the current status of each friend when it changes
- Includes a link to the latest post from each friend when a post is made
- Show what topics your friends have been posting on (do you mean tags or
categories?)
- Includes links to recently-added photos from friends when these photos are
added to a gallery
- Compare favourites etc. with friends (not sure how this would work)
- Include links to bookmarks of friends when these are added.
- Include links to a comment of a friend when they do comment.

Something like that. If its not like a news feed and it just shows the
latest post/ picture by friends regardless of how long ago it was made, it
looses some of its magic don't you think?