[wpmu-trac] Re: [WordPress MU Trac] #1012: Default .htaccess RewriteRules do not cover all possible username characters

WordPress MU Trac wpmu-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Jul 3 08:08:06 GMT 2009

#1012: Default .htaccess RewriteRules do not cover all possible username
characters
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  cmsj        |        Owner:  donncha
     Type:  defect      |       Status:  assigned
Comment (by donncha):

 No real reason except to simplify things. Also the fullstop is part of a
 hostname, separating out the parts of it.

 Unfortunately I'd rather not change things to allow the fullstop as it
 would require changes to the .htaccess which is extremely difficult to do.
 Everyone upgrading would have to manually change that file.

 You're free to create the usernames as you like from the backend, but I'll
 add a warning message about what characters the mod_rewrite rules handle.
 I won't remove the fullstop.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/ticket/1012#comment:4>
WordPress MU Trac <http://mu.wordpress.org/>