[wp-ui] Admin theme-ing

Jeremy Clarke jer at simianuprising.com
Thu Jun 3 23:33:02 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 5:36 PM, Toon Van de Putte <toon at automaton.be> wrote:

> I don't think that is a good idea. I think it's one of those features that sets Wordpress apart from, say, Drupal and that makes Wordpress much more usable out-of-the-box.

I think this is a very salient point. Drupals integration between
front and backend was one of the biggest UI disasters it had to suffer
through. In recent versions they have moved away from that model and
towards standardized backend designs, to the great benefit of their
users.

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 5:18 PM, John O'Nolan <john.wp at onolan.org> wrote:
> contributions once we start to spec out the 3.1 features in the UI Group.

Isn't this the ui *group*?

Your link is to the UI blog, a terrible place to have discussions. Yes
there are comments but there is no way to be notified of new comments
or replies by email. For the authors of posts it works fine, you must
get emails when people comment, but there is no way to make sure that
people above your know you replied to them, or that you have a chance
to reply to people who make comments on your comments.

I think if we want to have discussions this is the appropriate place,
and any decision that is 'discussed' on the blog that is of any
importance should be discussed here as well.

Obviously I'd support subscribe-to-comments or Intense Debate being
installed on the blog as well.

--
Jeremy Clarke
Code and Design | globalvoicesonline.org