[wp-ui] First steps

Jeremy Harrington jeremy at voceconnect.com
Wed Jan 20 22:03:24 UTC 2010

Hi Everyone,

My name is Jeremy Harrington. I'm currently leading user experience design
activities at Voce Communications. We develop WordPress applications for a
variety of large media, tech and consumer brands. We're develop WP, MU,
plugins and contribute both to WP core and most recently to the iPhone app.
I have over 12 years of experience in interface design and usability efforts
for large-scale enterprise and consumer web products and applications. My
background is in visual design, sociology and (for what it's worth) I'm bone
fide/certified by HFI in usability.

I'd be very interested in assisting with most any of the efforts Jane has
mentioned and am very open to finding ways to contribute to the product as a
non-core developer. I do have experience in user/task analysis and a
user-centered methodologies if those talents are needed but would prefer to
avoid performing formal usability-testing, unless we have a way to ease the
pain of management and logistics of such testing, which can be a extremely
time consuming.

Anyway, I'm very excited to see this group come together and hopefully we
can contribute and provide value to this community in much the same way as
all of the folks contributing to core do.

-Jeremy