[wp-ui] Tabbed theme interface mockups

Jane Wells jane at automattic.com
Thu Feb 11 16:46:55 UTC 2010

On Feb 11, 2010, at 9:55 AM, Edgar Tanaka wrote:
> If the idea is to change the current look overall then I agree with
> Emil but I believe we then need to look at WP from a wider view and
> make changes in a top-down approach.

As has been stated in various blog posts, initial emails to this list,
etc, this group is NOT being formed to change the current look of
WordPress. At all. The goal was to have an infrastructure for user
experience/interface designers to contribute to core tickets, just as
there is an infrastructure for developers to participate. The
development infrastructure gets clogged up when people start arguing
over small UI details, so we split it off to have a more focused
group. If someone wants to start a movement to try and convince the
project leadership to undergo another overall admin redesign, this is
not the place for it.

I repeat: this group was created to contribute to ongoing UI efforts
in WordPress core, NOT to redesign the application. This has been
stated categorically by WordPress leadership...the current design is
one that people are happy with as a foundation for improvement over
the next couple of years.