[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43750: Establish a standard means of core reading privacy declarations from plugins' headers

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jun 4 18:10:12 UTC 2018

#43750: Establish a standard means of core reading privacy declarations from
plugins' headers
------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  allendav                |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement             |      Status:  new

Comment (by allendav):

 Replying to [comment:17 westi]:
 > I'm not really sure what the issue we are trying to fix here is.
 >
 > Site owners have to abide by local (and relevant international laws).
 WordPress core and plugin can surely provide tools to help with this
 process but I don't think that it should try and tell them if it thinks a
 plugin is or isn't complying with something which seems to be where this
 is leading.

 I hope not - the intention here was ONLY to what extent a plugin
 integrates with the core privacy tools, not whether it complies to any
 particular law.

 > As a site developer and site owner you have to do site specific work -
 we can't and shouldn't try and imply we can do all the work for you.

 Agreed! That's why I want to use these headers to drive the UI for #43938

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43750#comment:18>