[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43750: Establish a standard means of core reading privacy declarations from plugins' headers

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Jun 2 16:02:06 UTC 2018

#43750: Establish a standard means of core reading privacy declarations from
plugins' headers
------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  allendav                |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement             |      Status:  new

Comment (by westi):

 I'm not really sure what the issue we are trying to fix here is.

 Site owners have to abide by local (and relevant international laws).
 WordPress core and plugin can surely provide tools to help with this
 process but I don't think that it should try and tell them if it thinks a
 plugin is or isn't complying with something which seems to be where this
 is leading.

 As a site developer and site owner you have to do site specific work - we
 can't and shouldn't try and imply we can do all the work for you.

 I think time would be better spent on evangelising the usage of features
 like the new privacy policy helpers so that plugin developers adopt them.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43750#comment:17>