[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #39746: Suddenly getting error on all of my servers: Unable to locate WordPress content directory (wp-content).

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Feb 1 05:13:47 UTC 2017

#39746: Suddenly getting error on all of my servers: Unable to locate WordPress
content directory (wp-content).
-----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  jobst            |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  new

Comment (by jobst):

 Ok, I know more.

 My confusion and missing info is related to 6 weeks of holiday. I now
 remember that I upgraded the development server to 5.6.29 (to test php)
 while all the other servers are still on 5.6.22. I remember that I had to
 help one of my other sysadmins to get setup for me to disappear and forgot
 all about that I upgraded the testing/development server (which holds
 another small/unimportant wordpress install).

 The problem is everything later than 5.6.29 has this problem, it could
 also be a little earlier.

 I cannot say where the problem originates as I do not have enough
 understanding of php, libssh2 and pecl ssh to choose a chair to sit on.

 I only know it stopped working and I have proof is works for 5.6.22.
 Also as soon as I made the development server 5.6.22 it worked again.

 I am happy to help debugging, but I need some pointers.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/39746#comment:4>