[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #33517: Wishlist Member levels create 2 shortcodes for each membership Level. 200+ levels crash wp-includes/formatting.php, killing the site.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Aug 23 09:12:11 UTC 2015

#33517: Wishlist Member levels create 2 shortcodes for each membership Level. 200+
levels crash wp-includes/formatting.php, killing the site.
 Reporter:  thepolishlad  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed
Changes (by Clorith):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => wontfix

Comment:

 Hi @thepolishlad,

 This sounds like an under-optimized plugin doing something the hard way
 (I'm afraid I do not know what plugin this is, so I can't tell you exactly
 what it's doing that's wrong, but if you rely on 500 different shortcodes
 from one plugin to display content, that's just way too many).

 I'd contact the plugin developer about this and have them look into it as
 it sounds like a very unlikely edge case for WordPress to handle.

 Alternatively, if you are really stuck on this, feel free to make a thread
 on the forums and we'll be happy to help you troubleshoot it from there
 (We will need more details on what plugin it is etc still though). I'll be
 closing this for now, but should you come upon more details feel free to
 supply them and we can reassess it all.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/33517#comment:1>