[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #21483: Refactor Customizer Upload, Image, and Background Image controls to leverage the media library/modal

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Nov 4 07:01:39 UTC 2014

#21483: Refactor Customizer Upload, Image, and Background Image controls to
leverage the media library/modal
 Reporter:  jjonesftw                            |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  new
  feedback ui-feedback ux-feedback               |  javascript

Comment (by celloexpressions):

 Replying to [comment:37 ocean90]:

 > * Can we use the constructor to set up `$button_labels`?
 Yes, I'm afraid that's going to be the only option. Not as easy to
 override in subclasses or individual instances, but works fine.
 > * Button labels for background images should include "image" not "file"
 Should be fixed in .4, that control was not yet changed at all - that is
 what the back-compat looks like currently for a subclass of
 `WP_Customize_Image_Control`.
 > * `wp.customize.ImageControl ` needs to stay for BC. Why does it need to
 be removed? On PHP side we still have `WP_Customize_Image_Control extends
 WP_Customize_Upload_Control`. I think it's OK to have ImageControl to just
 handle images.
 None of the JS is needed at all due to the way the media modal works - and
 all of the image logic needs to be in the upload control anyway since it
 supports images. But we can leave the `wp.customize.ImageControl` model,
 empty its methods, and remove it from the control constructor declaration
 so that subclasses should still work as expected. Can this look
 essentially like how the PHP class looks in the latest patch?
 > * src/wp-admin/js/customize-controls.js:894 has a missing semicolon
 Nice catch!
 > * Can we have a "No image set" hint for the background control too?
 Done.
 > * Drag&Drop: Let the whole control be a dropzone, that would be awesome.
 After the drop the frame should open for upload status and error reporting
 I'm not sure that this is needed, or particularly discoverable. Also, not
 a very big space for a dropzone. But we could add it if people want it.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21483#comment:38>